Breaking News

In a major blow to Muslims, the Maharashtra government revoked its previous decision regarding 5% reservation; AIMIM protested the government’s decision.

The Maharashtra government has rescinded its previous decision regarding the 5% reservation for socially and educationally backward Muslim communities. Following Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis’s decision, admissions under this 5% reservation will no longer be available in colleges and other educational institutions. Imtiaz Jaleel, state president of the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM), has criticized this decision, taking a sarcastic dig at the government.

Posting on his social media handle, “X,” Imtiaz Jaleel wrote, “The Maharashtra government has given Muslims a Ramadan gift. The government has announced the abolition of the 5% reservation.” Jaleel attacked the government, saying that this decision was made despite the High Court’s observation that Muslims have the highest dropout rate. Despite this, the government abolished the 5% reservation for Muslims. “Even after this, we will tell our boys and girls not to drop out of school,” he said. If India studies, India will progress!

In Maharashtra, in 2014, an ordinance granted 5% reservation to the Muslim community in government jobs and educational institutions under the Special Backward Class-A (SBC-A). Caste certificates and caste validity certificates were also being issued based on this. This ordinance was challenged in the Mumbai High Court, and on November 14, 2014, the High Court stayed the ordinance. The ordinance was not enacted into law by December 23, 2014, and therefore, it lapsed. The government has now clarified that all government decisions and circulars issued based on the ordinance will also be considered void. The 5% reservation for Muslims in Maharashtra has already been revoked.

All related orders will no longer be effective
According to this decision of the Maharashtra government, admissions to colleges and other educational institutions under this 5% reservation will no longer be granted. No new caste certificates or validity certificates will be issued, and all previously issued related orders will no longer be effective. This could pose a significant challenge for Muslim youth. It is believed that AIMIM and other opposition parties may launch protests against this government decision in the near future.

The status granted to minority educational institutions has also been halted.
Earlier, immediately after the death of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had recently halted the status granted to 75 minority educational institutions. Seven institutions were approved on the day of Ajit Pawar’s death, and within a few days, this number increased to more than 75. Ajit Pawar previously held the Minority Development Department in Maharashtra, and after his death, his wife Sunetra Pawar is now in charge.

About Manish Shukla

I am Manish Shukla, Editor-in-Chief and Director at the RBNEWS PVT LTD network. With over four years of experience in the media industry, I leverage my expertise in reporting and analysis to deliver truthful, high-impact news that engages and informs readers. Currently, I am responsible for covering political and criminal events in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, and the Delhi government, as well as the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and CBI, along with providing interviews and insightful analysis on current affairs.

Check Also

Maharashtra: Amidst the political uproar over Shivaji Maharaj and Tipu Sultan, Congress state president Harsh Vardhan Sapkal apologized and said that he never intended to hurt people’s sentiments.

A political uproar has erupted in Maharashtra over the issue of Shivaji Maharaj and Tipu …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *