Breaking News

Batla House: Delhi High Court refuses to immediately stay the demolition of alleged illegal construction in Batla House, what did the court say on the PIL?

Batla House Demolition: The Delhi High Court on Monday (09 June) refused to immediately stay the demolition of alleged illegal construction in Batla House. A bench of Justice Girish Kathpalia and Justice Tejas Karia was acting on a PIL filed by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLA Amanatullah Khan.

The bench listed it for June 11 after the matter came up around 6.10 pm on Monday. The bench said, “The petition is listed for June 11 to put arguments on two issues. We are not going to stay it (for now), because we have been told that the Supreme Court has rejected it.”

What did the court say on the PIL?

The court hearing the PIL said that a single judge has already granted interim relief to many people on their petitions, but this case has been filed in public interest. Earlier in the day, Justice Karia, as a single judge, directed to maintain status quo on the petition of some residents of the area.

Relief was given in relation to a similar structure on June 4

He said, “On June 4, similar relief was given in relation to a similar structure in Batla House area and asked the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) to file its reply on the present petition in four weeks. Three petitioners before the single judge had challenged the demolition notice issued by the DDA on May 26.

What did lawyer Salman Khurshid say?

Senior advocate Salman Khurshid, appearing for AAP MLA Khan, told the division bench that the demolition proceedings are scheduled for June 11 and urged the court to stay it. The DDA lawyer opposed the petition, saying that the petitioners are MLAs, they are not the affected parties and the Supreme Court has already refused to grant relief to the alleged affected parties.

The high court said it will hear the parties on June 11 on whether a division bench can consider the petition, where one of the two judges in the bench has heard similar petitions from some individuals and granted some relief.

About Manish Shukla

I am Manish Shukla, Editor-in-Chief and Director at the RBNEWS PVT LTD network. With over four years of experience in the media industry, I leverage my expertise in reporting and analysis to deliver truthful, high-impact news that engages and informs readers. Currently, I am responsible for covering political and criminal events in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, and the Delhi government, as well as the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and CBI, along with providing interviews and insightful analysis on current affairs.

Check Also

Chief Justice of India (CJI) Surya Kant, while attending a two-day international conference organised at a private university in Sonipat, Haryana, said that ‘deepfakes’ create distortions, misinformation spreads rapidly, and ‘digital arrests’ have become common.

Chief Justice of India (CJI) Surya Kant attended a two-day international conference held at a …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *