Problems for BJP candidate Saroj Pandey from Korba Lok Sabha seat may increase. The Election Commission has issued a show cause notice to Saroj Pandey in the Model Code of Conduct violation case. The Commission has given time till April 29 to Saroj Pandey to reply in this matter. In this case, Congress has alleged in its complaint that the BJP candidate has misused the religious program for election campaign and has also demanded that the expenses of the program should be included in his election expenses.
Giving information on Sunday, an official said that after the complaint of Congress, the office of the Assistant Returning Officer of Korba Lok Sabha constituency has issued a notice to BJP candidate Saroj Pandey on Friday. He has been asked to reply by 29th April. According to the complaint, the BJP had put up banners and posters with photographs of Pandey and ministers of the BJP-led state government for a religious program of Dhirendra Giri Shastri in Chirmiri town of Manendragarh assembly constituency on Friday, he said.
Congress leaders had complained
Congress District President Ashok Srivastava had given a written complaint regarding the posting of photographs of BJP candidate Saroj Pandey and other ministers of Chhattisgarh government during the promotion of Dhirendra Shastri’s Ram Katha event. Taking action on this, the Election Commission has issued a show cause notice to BJP candidate Saroj Pandey. The Commission has written in its notice that it clearly appears that in this case an attempt has been made to serve political interests by taking the help of a religious event.
Notice to BJP candidate of Raigarh also
Meanwhile, an official statement said the election expenditure observer of Raigarh Lok Sabha constituency on Saturday also served a notice to BJP candidate Radheshyam Rathiya over discrepancies in his election expenditure. It said that Rathiya has declared Rs 7.09 lakh as his election expenditure so far, while it has been found that he has spent Rs 13.83 lakh.