Delhi Employment Minister Kapil Mishra has made a shocking revelation in the ongoing budget session of the Assembly. He informed that the previous AAP government in Delhi had provided just two jobs through its online portals including Rojgar Bazaar in the last five years. In a written reply to a question by BJP MLA Abhay Verma, the minister said that an online employment portal of the Delhi government was working since 2009 and the second Rojgar Bazaar portal was launched in 2020.
The Delhi government provided more than 400 jobs through an online portal from 2015 to 2018. However, no jobs were provided through the portal from 2019 to 2023. According to the minister’s reply, just two jobs were provided in 2024.
36,062 jobs found from job fairs
The Rojgar Bazaar portal was launched on July 10, 2020 and stopped working in May 2023 due to technical reasons. Its revival is being considered. In another reply, the Delhi government informed that 36,062 persons were selected for various private jobs through 10 job fairs held from 2015 to 2019.
Kejriwal claims – gave more than 10 lakh jobs
AAP leaders, including then Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, claimed that the Rojgar Bazaar portal gave jobs to more than 10 lakh people of Delhi in two years. The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) said in a statement that according to the annual report of the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation of the BJP-led central government, Delhi has the lowest unemployment rate in the country at 2. 1 percent.
AAP accuses BJP
The Aam Aadmi Party, which lost power in Delhi in the assembly elections held last month, claimed that BJP-ruled states like Haryana and Uttar Pradesh are facing “severe unemployment”, while the Delhi government (under AAP rule) created 12 lakh jobs during the Corona period. BJP formed the government in Delhi assembly elections, ending the 10-year rule of AAP. BJP won 48 out of 70 assembly seats. Whereas Aam Aadmi Party was reduced to just 22 seats.