Houthi Rebels Attack: Ships traveling in the Red Sea are being continuously targeted by Houthi rebels in Yemen. They are continuously attacking merchant ships belonging to Israel, America or their friendly countries. Britain and America have carried out rapid air attacks on the positions of Houthi rebels, this too is not having any effect on the Houthis. They are continuously targeting merchant ships. One such recent case has come to light again, when on Wednesday, Houthis launched a powerful missile attack on a merchant ship in the Gulf of Aden.
According to the information received, two crew members of the merchant ship died on the spot in the missile attack by Houthi rebels. This is the first attack by Houthi rebels after Israel launched a war against Hamas in Gaza, in which people have lost their lives. The attack took place on the Barbados-flagged ship True Confidence. After this attack, the conflict has increased on the important sea route connecting Asia and the Middle East to Europe. Due to which the global movement of ships has been disrupted.
Houthi attacks started from November
The Iran-backed Houthis began attacks in November and the US launched a campaign of airstrikes in January. America has destroyed the bases of Houthi rebels many times, but till now it has not been able to stop the attacks of Houthis. Meanwhile, Iran has made a big announcement, which has surprised America. Iran said in its announcement that it would seize Kuwaiti crude oil worth $50 million being sent to American energy company Chevron Corp.
American officials made this disclosure
It is being told that this crude oil is in the tanker which he had seized about a year ago. The attack on Wednesday in the Gulf of Aden targeted the Barbados-flagged merchant ship True Confidence, officials said. Subsequently, individuals claiming to be Yemeni soldiers praised the attack on the radio. Two US officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the ballistic missile attack killed two crew members and injured six others.
Houthi rebels are also attacking American destroyers
Yemen’s Houthi rebels are continuously targeting not only merchant ships but also American destroyers. Let us tell you that recently Houthi rebels attacked American war destroyers in the Red Sea. Reuters reports that Houthi rebels launched an operation and targeted two US warship destroyers in the Red Sea. Houthi rebels say they attacked two US warships in the Red Sea with missiles and drones.
America and Britain are also targeting Houthi positions
Before this, America and Britain have jointly targeted the positions of Houthi rebels several times. A few days ago, America and Britain attacked 18 positions of Houthi rebels in Yemen. The strikes were carried out in response to recent increasing attacks on ships in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden by local Iran-backed militias.
Cargo ship caught fire due to attack by Houthis
Houthi rebels had earlier launched a missile attack, which caused a fire on a cargo ship. After this, US and British fighter planes attacked eight places targeting missiles, launchers, rockets, drones and air defense systems. US and British forces have launched joint operations against Houthi rebels several times since January 12.