Breaking News

Israel carried out a massive airstrike on Gaza targeting a dreaded Hamas terrorist, at least 71 people were killed, 289 people were injured

Cairo/Gaza/Jerusalem: The Israeli army has carried out the most severe airstrike on Gaza, targeting Hamas’ military chief. A Gaza security official and Israeli army radio said that an Israeli airstrike was carried out on Saturday in Gaza targeting Hamas military chief Mohammad Deif. The Gaza enclave’s health ministry said at least 71 Palestinians were killed in the attack. The security official said it was not clear whether Deif was killed or not.

Army radio said Hamas terrorist Deif was hiding in a building in the Israeli-designated humanitarian area al-Mawasi, west of the southern city of Khan Younis. Deif was one of the masterminds of the October 7 Hamas attack on Israel, which triggered the war in Gaza. He had previously survived 7 other attacks by Israel with the intention of killing him. The most recent attack was in 2021 and has been at the top of Israel’s most wanted list for decades. The Gaza Health Ministry said at least 71 Palestinians were killed and 289 injured in the attack.

Hamas terrorist’s death not confirmed

So far there has been no claim about the death of Hamas terrorist Deif in this horrific attack. The Gaza office said, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant was holding special consultations in light of “developments in Gaza”. It was not clear how the attack would affect the ceasefire talks going on in Doha and Cairo. The Hamas-run media office said at least 100 people were killed and injured, including members of the civilian emergency service. The Israeli army said it was looking into the report. A senior Hamas official did not confirm whether Deif was present or not and called the Israeli allegations “nonsense”.

Hamas blames America

Hamas is furious over this horrific attack by Israel. “All those killed are civilians and what happened was because of US support and the world’s silence. This is why there is a serious increase in massacres in Gaza,” senior Hamas official Abu Zuhri told Reuters. He said the attack showed Israel had no interest in reaching a ceasefire agreement. Witnesses say the attack was ‘surprising’. Footage showed ambulances rushing to the area amid clouds of smoke and dust. Displaced people, including women and children, were running in panic, some carrying luggage in their hands.

Israel fired countless missiles in quick succession
Eyewitnesses said the attack was surprising because the area was quiet. They said more than one missile was fired. They said some of the injured being evacuated were rescue workers. One woman cried and said, “They are all killed, my whole family is killed.. Where are my brothers? They are all gone, they are all gone. No one is left. Our children are torn to pieces. You (Israelis) should be ashamed.”

About admin

admin

Check Also

Chile President Gabriel: Chilean President Gabriel Boric on a state visit to India, held talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Hyderabad House

Chile Gabriel Meets PM Modi: Chilean President Gabriel Boric is on a state visit to …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *