94 Palestinians have been killed and more than 200 injured in Israeli airstrikes on the Nuseirat refugee camp in central Gaza. According to Gaza media, about 94 people have died due to the Israeli massacre in the Nuseirat camp and more than 200 injured have been brought to Al-Aqsa Hospital. An urgent appeal has been made to the international community and international organizations to supply medical necessities and generators to ensure the continued operation of Al-Aqsa Hospital. Al-Aqsa Hospital is unable to accommodate the number of martyrs and injured due to Israeli bombing.
Earlier in the day, Al-Aqsa Hospital spokesman Khalil al-Dakran said in a press conference that 55 Palestinians were killed as a result of the Israeli raid on the Nuseirat camp. The hospital is extremely overcrowded and has no room for more patients.
Witnesses reported that Israeli artillery and warplanes have been bombing areas east of the Deir al-Balah, al-Bureij and al-Maghazi camps, as well as various locations in the center, west and east of the Nuseirat camp for hours.
Gaza is filled with black smoke due to the attack
Witnesses said that black smoke is rising from all parts of the central Gaza Strip due to unprecedented air and artillery bombardment targeting these areas.
According to eyewitnesses, Israeli military vehicles suddenly entered the areas east and northwest of the Nuseirat camp, targeting large parts of the camp and shelling it. Israeli drones are flying over the Nuseirat camp. They are firing at anyone walking on the streets of the camp, resulting in several deaths and injuries.
According to medical sources, dozens of people rushed to the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital in the central city of Deir al-Balah due to Israeli air strikes and shelling. Along with this, violent clashes broke out between Palestinian resistance groups and Israeli forces in the eastern part of Deir al-Balah, the Al-Bureij and Al-Magazi camps and north of the Nusserat camp in the central Gaza Strip.
More than 36 thousand Palestinians killed so far
According to the official Palestinian news agency Wafa, planes carried out violent missile and artillery bombardments on the Zaytoun and Tel al-Hawa neighborhoods of Gaza City and the Nusserat, Al-Magazi and Al-Bureij camps in the central Gaza Strip. The bodies of four Palestinians have been found due to the bombing by Israeli aircraft on a house in Al-Zaytoun, southeast of Gaza City. Meanwhile, the Israeli army confirmed on Saturday a “large-scale and unprecedented attack” on the Nusserat camp and other areas of the central Gaza Strip. In a statement, the army said its forces were attacking “infrastructure” in the Nusserat area.
Attack continues despite ceasefire resolution
Despite a UN Security Council resolution demanding an immediate ceasefire, Israel has continued its assault on Gaza since Hamas’ attack on October 7 last year. Since then, more than 36,800 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza, most of them women and children, and about 83,700 others have been injured. After eight months of Israeli war, vast swaths of Gaza lie in ruins, with food, clean water and medicine scarce.
Israel is accused of genocide at the International Court of Justice, whose latest ruling ordered Tel Aviv to immediately halt its campaign in the southern city of Rafah, where more than one million Palestinians had taken refuge to escape the war before the invasion on May 6.