Gaza: At least 40 Palestinians were killed and 224 others injured in Israeli attacks in the Gaza Strip in the past 24 hours. Health officials in Gaza said the total number of Palestinian deaths in Israeli attacks has now risen to 37,834. 86,858 people have been injured since the Palestinian-Israeli conflict began in October 2023.
Attack continues in Shuja’ya area
Officials said rescue teams faced many obstacles due to clashes between Israeli forces and Palestinian armed factions, especially in the city of Rafah in southern Gaza and Shuja’ya in eastern Gaza. Israeli military spokesman Avichai Edrei said in a press statement that the Israeli army continues to attack “terrorist” hideouts in the Shuja’ya area.
Weapons depot found in school premises
He said the army killed several in clashes in the past few hours and Israeli soldiers found a weapons depot inside a school compound in the area. According to Edray, Israeli forces in Rafah killed several militants and destroyed several “terrorist” infrastructure, including tunnels.
The situation is getting worse
Meanwhile, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees said on social media platform X that the situation has worsened, with thousands of people facing problems of shelter, food, medicine and clean water. The Pentagon announced on Friday that a US ship anchored off the coast of Gaza to deliver humanitarian aid had been turned away due to adverse weather.