Israel is continuously targeting Rafah to eliminate Hamas. However, Israel is also suffering a lot in this war. The Israeli army said on Saturday that eight of its soldiers were killed in an explosion in southern Gaza. This was the deadliest attack so far in the last several months.
Saturday’s blast took place in the southern Rafah city. Israel considers Rafah to be the last big stronghold of Hamas. This attack will probably give a boost to the ceasefire demand being made by Israeli protesters. This attack has happened at a time when the government is facing widespread resentment for giving exemption to ultra-Orthodox youth from military service.
Declaration of war against Hamas
Israel and Palestine have been fighting for more than eight months. On October 7 last year, 1200 people were killed and 250 people were taken hostage in an attack carried out by Hamas and other terrorists. After this, Israel declared war against Hamas.
Israel’s Foreign Minister Israel Katz said in a post on X that they knew they might have to sacrifice their lives but they did so so that we could live in this country. I salute them and hug their families.
Resolve to defeat Hamas’ Rafah Brigade
The Israeli army said that the explosion took place in Tal al-Sultan area of Rafah at 5 pm. Army spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari said that the blast was caused by an explosive or anti-tank missile planted by Hamas. He said that we need to defeat Hamas’ Rafah Brigade and we are doing this with determination. 21 Israeli soldiers were killed in an attack by Palestinian terrorists in Gaza in January.