Breaking News

Italy: Uproar after the death of an Indian worker Satnam Singh, PM Meloni also expressed condolences and called it an inhuman act

There is a ruckus in Italy these days. People are protesting on the streets. Prime Minister Georgia Meloni is angry. All this is happening after the death of an Indian. Actually, the hand of Indian worker Satnam Singh was cut by a strawberry packing machine in Latina, Italy. He was admitted to the hospital for treatment, but the doctors could not save him.

Satnam Singh went to Italy for work two years ago. Everything went well for two years, but on June 17, an accident happened to him while packing strawberries. In the incident, Satnam Singh’s hand was cut and his legs were also injured. His condition had become such that he should have been admitted to the hospital. But the owner of the farm took Satnam Singh away from his farm and threw him on the road. The name of the accused is Antonello Lovato. It is said that he is infamous in the whole of Italy.

Then Satnam Singh would have been saved

After being thrown on the road, Satnam remained alive for several hours. His wife appealed to the people around for help. A person helped him and called an ambulance. Satnam Singh was sent to the hospital, but he died during treatment. If Satnam Singh had been sent to the hospital immediately after the accident, he might have survived.

People in Italy are shocked after this incident with Satnam Singh. People of Italy say that if workers from other countries are treated like this, then no one will come here. Gurmukh Singh, head of the Indian community in the Lazio region of central Italy, said, Satnam Singh was thrown out like a dog. Exploitation happens here every day. We tolerate it every day. It should end now.

India demanded action

India has asked Italy to take immediate action against those responsible for the death of Satnam Singh. The Indian Embassy in Italy said on ‘X’ that Muktesh Pardeshi, Secretary of Consular, Passport, Visa and Overseas Indian Affairs in the Ministry of External Affairs, has conveyed India’s deep concern to Luigi Maria Vignali, Director General of Italian Citizens and Migration Policies Abroad. The embassy said it demanded immediate action against those responsible. The embassy said it is in touch with Satnam Singh’s family to provide help and retrieve the body.

Italy’s Prime Minister Meloni raised the issue of Satnam Singh’s death in Parliament. He expressed condolences to Satnam Singh. Meloni called Satnam Singh a victim of inhumane acts and called for strict punishment against those found guilty.

About admin

admin

Check Also

Bokaro: CISF lathicharged the displaced BSL workers protesting for their demands in Bokaro, Jharkhand, one youth died

Bokaro News: On April 3, CISF lathicharged BSL displaced people agitating for their demands in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *