Breaking News

Maldives: Ever since Maldivian President Mohammed Moizzu became the President, he has been taking anti-India steps. Moizzu gave control of Indian helicopters and crew to the Maldivian Army.

Maldives: Maldives President Mohammed Moizzu has been taking anti-India steps ever since he became the President. First, an effort was made to send back the Indian soldiers from their country who were deployed there for decades. Then, bypassing India, he made his first official visit to China. His ministers criticized PM Modi for this when he went scuba diving in Lakshadweep and talked about the possibilities of tourism there. However, Maldivian ministers were also dismissed later. But Indians greatly reduced tourism in Maldives under Boycott Maldives. Meanwhile, Moijju, who became President with the slogan of India Out, has taken another anti-India step. Moijju has handed over control of Indian helicopters and crews to the Maldivian Army.

According to the information received, Maldives Defense Force said that Maldives will now have the right to operate the helicopter given from India and the civilian crew operating it. Colonel Ahmed Mujuthaba Mohammed, Principal Director of Planning, Policy and Resource Management for the Maldives National Defense Force (MNDF), told the media that discussions are ongoing for the withdrawal of Indian troops from the Maldives.

Moijju gave deadline till May 10 to withdraw the army

On the other hand, according to Maldives’ government news channel, he emphasized that President Moizzu’s government has decided not to allow the deployment of any foreign military contingent in Maldives after May 10. Last week, India said its first civilian team of technical experts had arrived in the Maldives to replace military personnel operating the helicopters.

Meanwhile, Indian External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal had told in a press conference on February 29 that ‘India’s technical team has reached Maldives for the operation of advanced and light helicopters. It will replace the existing personnel who were operating the platform.

What did Moijju say?
President Mohammad Muizzu had recently said that after May 10, Indian soldiers will not be present in Maldives in any guise, be it civilian attire or military uniform. Moijju had said this while responding to some speculations. Moijju’s statement came at a time when the first team of Indian technical personnel arrived in the island nation before the first batch of military personnel left the Maldives by March 10. Let us tell you that his country has recently signed an agreement with China to receive free military assistance.

About admin

admin

Check Also

Bokaro: CISF lathicharged the displaced BSL workers protesting for their demands in Bokaro, Jharkhand, one youth died

Bokaro News: On April 3, CISF lathicharged BSL displaced people agitating for their demands in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *