Russia’s FSB security service said on Thursday it had arrested three more people suspected of involvement in the plot to carry out a terrorist attack on a Moscow concert hall last month.
State media has given this information. Armed men attacked Crocus City Hall located on the outskirts of Moscow and set the building on fire. The terrorist organization Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for the attack in which more than 140 people were killed.
FSB arrested three people
The FSB said on Thursday that it had arrested three people from Moscow on charges of funding and recruiting people for the attack. Interfax news agency quoted the FSB as saying, ‘Two of the people detained transferred money for the purchase of weapons and vehicles used in the terrorist attack and the third person was directly involved in recruiting and funding people for the terrorist attack. ‘
Moscow blamed Western countries
In the video released by the state media, FSB agents are seen arresting the accused. The agency said that two of them are foreign nationals and one is Russian. Russia has arrested more than a dozen people involved in the attack, including four gunmen who are all citizens of Tajikistan. Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack but Moscow has repeatedly said that it was an ‘order’ given by Kiev or Western countries.
The attack took place on March 22
Thousands of people were present in Moscow’s famous concert hall Crocus City when terrorists attacked on the evening of March 22. Along with claiming responsibility for the attack, Islamic State claimed through its alleged Telegram channel that after carrying out the attack, its terrorists returned to their hideout. The concert hall is very famous in Moscow and more or less 6200 people were present here yesterday.