MP Politics: There was a huge uproar in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Thursday, March 20. Congress MLAs put pressure on the government demanding a fair inquiry into the alleged transport scam and walked out of the House after not getting a satisfactory answer. Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Umang Singhar alleged that the BJP government has not yet been able to clarify who is the real owner of 52 kg gold and Rs 11 crore cash seized from an abandoned SUV in Mendori village near Bhopal in December 2024. He also alleged that the government is hiding the details of the diary found in the raids at the hideouts linked to former Transport Department constable Saurabh Sharma.
Singhar said, “The diary contains important evidence, which can expose many big people involved in this scam. This is the reason why the state government is not making its details public. We demand that the investigation of this entire matter be handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and it should be monitored by the Supreme Court.” Government’s clarification
Reacting to the allegations of the Congress, Madhya Pradesh’s Minister of Assembly Affairs Kailash Vijayvargiya said that the proceedings of the House are being conducted as per the established rules and the government is not influencing any investigation. At the same time, the state’s Transport Minister Uday Pratap Singh said that the matter is being investigated impartially and the government is not interfering in any way.
Protests and demonstrations
Unsatisfied with the government’s answers, Congress MLAs raised slogans and walked out of the House. Earlier in the day, the Congress protested against the state government over alleged corruption and scams. During this, a party MLA wore the costume of Kumbhakaran, who is famous for his deep sleep in the epic Ramayana, taking a dig at the government for inaction.
The opposition has warned of continuing agitation on the issue, while the government said that it is ready to take every necessary step.